Join us for a monthly gathering of Friends groups, members, librarians, and all who love libraries on the First Friday at 9:00AM Central (8:00AM Mountain) via Zoom. To receive reminder emails and follow-up materials, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Dates and Topics
- January 3, 2024: No First Friday with Friends
- February 2, 2024: Secrets of Success: FoKL Grant and Award Application Tips
2023 Programs – Click the title (highlighted in blue) to view recorded sessions when available.
- December 2023: Secrets of Success: Friends You Can Count On: Library Advocacy in Action a lively discussion inspired by Brenda Hough’s KLA presentation on advocacy. Check out this great worksheet from Brenda to spark a conversation about advocacy with your Friends group!
- October 2023: Secrets of Success: Building Support for New Walls with McKenzie Murphy, Director at McPherson Public Library
- September 2023: Secrets of Success: National Friends of Libraries Week. Check out this link to ALA’s National Friends of Libraries Week 2023 and a great list of ways to celebrate courtesy of FoKL Board Member, Sheryl Erickson
- August 2023: Secrets of Success: Reviving and Thriving with Friends of Beck Bookman Library
- Check out these videos that have been in the news — ABC News: Prime Focus: US Libraries on the Frontlines of Homelessness and CBS Sunday Morning: Beyond Books: The 21st Century Public Library
- April 2023: Summer with Friends: How Friends Support Their Library During Summer Reading with Friends of the Mary Cotton Library
- March 2023: Secrets of Success: March Madness, Building Your Team with FoKL’s 2022 Outstanding Individual, Erin Ragan
February 2023: Secrets of Success: Library Libations and Books, Beer and BBQ with FoKL Board Member Cheryl Sylvester and Friends of the Ashland Public Library. Check out these awesome posters from the Friends of Ashland Public Library’s events.
- January 2023: Secrets of Success: Community Relationships and Bond Issues with FoKL Board Member Amy Brucker
Secrets of Success Archives:
- November 2022: Memorandum of Understanding Documents
- October 2022: Community Partnership with Friends of Baldwin City Library and Wendy Conover
- September 2022: Document Retention
- August 2022: ABC’s of Book Sorting and Sales with Friends of the Salina Public Library
- July 2022: Unique Fundraising with Friends of Morrill Public Library
- June 2022: Summer Library Program with Friends of the Andover Public Library
- May 2022: Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner with Friends of the Wamego Public Library
- April 2022: Online Memberships and Payments with Manhattan Public Library Association
- March 2022: Friends of the Winfield Public Library
- February 2022: Let’s Get Social: Using Media to Communicate with Friends
- January 2022: Advocating for the Library at all Levels
- December 2021: Allocating Funds Raised
- November 2021: Open Mic: Bring Your Questions
- October 2021: National Friends of Libraries Week
- September 2021: Let’s Talk Friends, Foundations, and Libraries
- August 2021: Who’s On Fire? Preventing Burnout
- July 2021: Going for the Gold: Be a Library Champion
- June 2021: Making Memberships Meaningful
- May 2021: Book Sales
- April 2021: Back to Business: Keeping Friends Safe
- March 2021: Friends: How are you doing?