Established in 1982, Friends of Kansas Libraries (FoKL) is a tax-deductible, non-profit organization governed by a board of officers and trustees from all regions of Kansas. Membership includes individuals, libraries, Friends organizations, and businesses who are interested in promoting and supporting libraries in their communities and state-wide.
FoKL Mission Statement: To encourage and support new and existing local Friends groups, to facilitate the exchange of useful information among organizations of Friends, and to advocate for excellent library services.
FoKL Board Officers and Trustees
- assist with the development of new and existing Friends organizations
- provide start-up grants to new Friends groups needing assistance
- provide grants to Friends groups for library programs and support of group projects
- provide a booth at the annual Kansas Library Association Conference
- provide opportunities to learn and grow through workshops at the annual Kansas Library conference and other forums
- publish a newsletter, FoKL Point, at least three times a year
- are effective library advocates for improving library funding