FRIENDS OF KANSAS LIBRARIES provides start-up grants (maximum of $150) for new library Friends organizations. Start-up grants can be applied for any time of the year. Grant funds are distributed on a quarterly basis but are limited by FoKL’s annual budget.
Join Friends of Kansas Libraries. Membership categories, dues and benefits are listed in the 2023 FoKL Membership Form. Your dues support Kansas libraries! Any group requesting a grant from FoKL must be a current member.
Are you ready to expand your Friends membership at an event or by launching a campaign for growing your group? A Start Up Grant from FoKL can help fund your plans.
Examples of uses for start-up grants include:
- Hosting a membership event (refreshments, speaker, invitations)
- Promotional materials (flyers, advertising)
- Marketing Friends at local festival or library event (signs, prizes)
A report of your group’s activities following your start-up campaign will need to be submitted to the FoKL Board as a requirement for the grant.
Start Up Grants are awarded to groups that are ready to increase membership. Successful Start Up Grants include:
- a budget for your event
- a sample of a brochure or mailing
- plans for attracting members
- a core group (5 to 7) of enthusiastic Friends
Friends of Kansas Libraries
c/o Basehor Community Library
1400 158th St
Basehor, KS 66007